Sunday, July 22, 2012

The long-awaited day finally came on Thursday!! Even though I am sure that the students think that THEY are the ones who get excited about finding out who their teacher(s) is/are, I don't think they realize that the teachers get MORE excited than they do! By mid-July, the anticipation grows, and we all start checking our online grading system, looking for those names to appear. For me, seeing the names of my new students makes it all real. Some of the students I may know from older siblings I have taught, and some will be brand news faces, but I can't wait to meet them all! As of right now, I have 26 precious ones in my homeroom and 25 precious ones in my second class. Since I had my wisdom teeth out Friday (ouch), I spent yesterday hanging out on the couch, writing names of files, name tags, homework folders, behavior charts, class library check-out sheets, and the list goes on and on. I'm ready, kiddos!! I can't WAIT to meet you. Get ready to "boogie on in to 4th grade"!

No comments:

Post a Comment